We loved Liz and Matt’s wedding at the Red Barn at Hampshire College in Amherst Massachusetts. There were lots of personal details incorporated, including homemade macadamia nut cookies to give nod to the couple’s big move to Hawaii immediately following the wedding.
The wooden doors were handmade by the groom’s dad and made for a completely beautiful entry for the wedding party and bride. Who doesn’t love an outdoor doorway?!
Tanya Costigan Events loved caring for the day and it’s details..making a seamless day for everyone. I thought it would be insightful to share in my blog posts, things that my team did to divert wedding day fumbles 🙂
- We went to retrieve the marriage license and speeches from a folder that was left at a local restaurant the night before at rehearsal dinner.
- We kept things timeline to avoid the big rain system moving into the area. An outdoor ceremony was the plan we wanted to stick to.
- We came armed with extra umbrellas.
- We helped to facilitate a best man’s speech being projected on a big screen, since he couldn’t make it at the last minute.
- We positioned ourselves just so to cue each other for music changes/processional flow since we were quite a distance from the ceremony space where the musicians were located.
- We had to change plans on the fly because of weather for first look location, which meant completely changing the bus scheduling…getting on the phone immediately to dispatch.
- Helped to set up a back up ceremony set up inside the barn for a just in case scenario due to looming rain.
Wedding pros to make note of for this wedding are:
Venue: Red Barn Amherst College
Photography: Dani Fine Photography
Wedding Planner: Tanya Costigan Events
Ceremony Music: Speechless
Wedding Cake: Atkins Farms
Flowers: Professional florist who was a friend
DJ/Live Vocals: Viren Entertainment
Cinematography: Lifestream Pictures
Catering: Seth Mias Catering for Red Barn
Hair: Michelle Anne Hair Design
Makeup: Makeup by Samar